The club car show was a financial success even though turnout was quite a bit lower this year. I am not sure whether the last two years were anomalies and this is the norm or if we had a down year due to potential storms and other events going on that day. The car count was 73 paid participants. Down from about 110. However since we had new sources of revenue. Union State Bank, Blue Moon, 50/50 drawing (thanks to Mary Stibbe for donating the winnings back to the Boys and Girls Club), and entry fee, we were able to raise $1500 for the Boys and Girls club of Wets Salem.
Our next monthly meeting will be at Ron and Ramona’s on August 23rd. Start time is 3:30 pm.
Meeting called to order at 6:41 by President Mark Swingle.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes from last meeting were distributed. Two corrections were noted Jim Hinds and MaryLou Peterson name was miss-spelled and the Meeting Minutes Header had the wrong date.
Treasurer’s Report: Chuck passed out a checkbook balance sheet for review.
Governor’s Report: Charlie has nothing to report.
Webmaster’s Report: John had nothing to report.
1) Aug 2nd Richland Center Historical Tour, Mark S has 1:00 PM tour reservation. Anyone can join $10 per person.
2) Aug 7, 8 & 9th Tudor Race Elkhart Lake Contact Mark S.
3) Aug 8th Ride & Dine Hosted by Tom & Mary S. will leave Walmart South parking lot at 5:00 PM.
4) Aug 15th Kornfest Parade Holmen 11:00 AM details to be sent out.
5) Aug 15th & 16th Whitehall Beef & Dairy Days Parade & Car Show.
6) Aug 21st Ladies Luncheon 12:30 at Red Pines Brice Prairie – Wear a Hat.
7) Aug 23rd 3:30 PM August Meeting at the home of Ron & Ramona Callender.
8) Sept Ride & Dine Hosted by Tom J will need a substitute because he will be recovering from surgery.
1) RCC Hosted Rudy’s Drive In car show on July 14th.
2) RCC Annual Classic & Custom Car Show had 48 registered cars. Attendance was down from last year due to the weather both Friday night and predicted on Saturday. But the weather turned out good and everything went well overall. The new car entry place did not work out and will have to be changed next year.
3) West Salem Boys & Girls Club site leader Mac Mc Cann was presented with a $1500 donation check from the RCC Car Show proceeds including donations Blue Moon donation [10% of food sales + $250].
4) Mary S. collected food and monetary donations for the La Crosse area Hunger Task Force. Item of the month will be Food and School Supplies.
5) Aug Meeting will be held at Ron & Ramona C home starting a 3:00 PM with Dinner at 5:00PM. Hosts will provide marinated chicken breasts, BBQ ground beef sandwiches, sun tea, beer & wine. Bring a dish to pass and your own beverage as desired. Bring a lawn chair. A food sign up was passed around at the meeting and will be sent out by e-mail to everyone.
6) Dave F. suggested we support the October Feast “Show & Shine” Car Show charities this year with a $200 donation. This will be voted on next meeting.
1) No new business was discussed.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Mark S. at 7:13 PM.
|Ron Callender 8/17|
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at