Rather than rehash all of the upcoming events in the president’s message, I’ll refer you to the meeting minutes. All the upcoming events are in them and on the website calendar and on Carol’s mail card. I’ll send out reminders, as usual, prior to meetings and events.
We do have to have one more car show meeting in early July with Don Brenengen at West Salem to finish up preparation for the July 18th car show. I’ll contact Don about that.
Meeting called to order at 6:48 by President Mark Swingle.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes from last meeting were distributed.
Treasurer’s Report: Chuck passed out a checkbook balance sheet for review.
Governor’s Report: Rally will be next Sunday June 7th. It starts at Galesville’s Town Square Gazebo with drivers meeting at 10:30. The Ride & Dine for June will be after the Rally.
Webmaster’s Report: John reported no changes or updates.
1) Ride & Dine Hosts are all filled for the year.
2) Mary S. collected food and monetary donations for the La Crosse area Hunger Task Force.
3) June 6th June Diary Days Parade in West Salem meet at Woodman’s at 11:30 AM.
4) June 7th RCC NCC sanctioned Rally starting at Galesville Town Square Gazebo at 10:30.
5) June 7th Ride & Dine following the Rally.
6) June 9th RCC Car Show committee meeting 6:30 Pm at Ardie’s.
7) June 20th Lake Martha Days “Blast from the Past” Car Show Osseo, WI Meet at the Onalaska Menards parking lot at 8:45 AM will leave at 9:00 AM. Chippewa Valley Corvette Club is a sponsor along with Gunderson Chevrolet.
8) June 26th Ladies Luncheon at noon at the Driftless in Viroqua [118 W. Porter St.]. Meet at the South side Shopko parking lot at 10:30 AM.
9) June 28th RCC Monthly Meeting at 4:40 PM at Chuck & Sharon Zimmer’s home in Onalaska. Picnic style brats / burgers, bring a dish to pass and BYOB.
10) July 11th 1st Annual Corvette Cure Car Show in Mason City, IA.
11) July 14th Rudy’s Car Show – RCC is the sponsor group.
12) Aug 15th Kornfest Parade Holmen. Entry fee is $20 Do we what to participate in this parade?
13) September Lake Geneva Trip including the Volo Car Museum will not happen this year unless someone wants to organize.
1) May 15th Ladies Luncheon at Celina Mariana Café at the Shrine of our Lady Guadalupe at 12:30 – Several ladies attended.
2) May 20th Tech Talk at Brenengen West Salem Dealership with Corvette Technician Collin. Reviewed the technology in the Z06 Corvettes featuring Barry Blomquist’s Z06. Barry also provided a second corvette for review. Nine members attended.
3) May 23th Ride & Dine hosted by Cindi & Mike C. Five cars and 8 members traveled to the Golden Frog in Fountain City.
4) May 30th Cordell’s Car Show in Holmen two members attended.
1) Mike & Marilyn Kenhammer were presented a framed copy of the 2015 RCC Car Show flyer featuring their People’s Choice Award winning car from the 2014 RCC Car Show.
2) Dave F. suggested we support the October Feast “Show & Shine” Car Show charities this year with a $200 donation. This will be voted on next meeting.
3) June 28th RCC Monthly Meeting at 4:40 PM at Chuck & Sharon Zimmer’s home in Onalaska. Picnic style brats / burgers, bring a dish to pass and BYOB.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Mark S. at 7:25PM.
Dennis Schaper 6/2|
Mary Swingle 6/5
Phil Murray 6/28
June, the finest month of the year for driving our fine automobiles. Our time is now. So many events and only 30 days to do it. I hope you can find the time to come to Galesville on June 7. This is where we are setting off on our annual Rally. This years event will be run through the rolling hills of my ancestral home of Trempealeau Cty. This will be a fun and scenic drive. Will it be challenging, yes. Will there be fun curvy roads- yes. If you can't make it, be sure to enjoy June. It is the best Wisconsin weather of the year to go for a ride.
See you on the asphalt.
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at