Our March outing will be Gods Country Racing Auto Show. The club will meet in the lobby of the La Crosse Center at 4:00 pm with dinner at 6:00 pm at Three Rivers Lodge. Dave Fontanini will send out an RSVP for a head count. There will also be a beater rally prior to the clubís regular meeting on March 23rd.
Tom Stibbe is going to schedule a car show committee meeting. Details forthcoming from Tom.
Lastly thanks to Tom for filling in as Activities Director and Dave and Kathy for agreeing to return to the position.
Meeting called to order at 6:38 by President Mark Swingle.
Secretaryís Report: Minutes from last meeting were distributed. It was noted a spelled Kathy F first name wrong Cathy.
Treasurerís Report: Mavis provided a review of the check book entries and a 2013 balance sheet. Question was asked if we have to file anything annual regarding financials each year for our not-for-profit status. Tom S files the information annually electronically.
Governorís Report: June 8 Rally will have a 10:00 AM start time. The flyer prepared by Tom J was distributed in .pdf format. Will be posted on RCCC web-site.
Webmasterís Report: Web site updated with new C7 picture and emblem. Member password has been changed for 2014.
1) March 7-9th Godís Country Racing Auto Show. The club will meet in the Lobby Saturday March 8th at 4:00 PM and tour the show together. After the show members will dine at 5:30 PM at 3 Rivers Lodge. RSVP Tom S.
2) March 23rd will be the Beater Rally hosted by Claude M. Start time is 3:00 PM at Schmidtyís. Club meeting will follow at 5:30 PM.
3) April 13 will be our next Ride & Dine hosted by Mark & Mary S details to follow.
4) May 14th Brenengen Corvette Tech Talk at the Onalaska location. Detailing class will be held.
5) May 15th Ė 17th National Corvette Restoration Society will meet in Rochester, MN For more details contact Claude M who is a member of the Society.
6) May 17th Ride & Dine hosted by Tom J. The club will travel to the Eagle Viewing Center in Wabasha, MN with lunch at T Bones. Other stops along the way will be Lark Toy Museum, Ice Store and a ride through Buffalo City.
7) May 31 West Salem Dairy Days Parade, first of the season.
8) June Ride & Dine will be hosted by Dave & Kathy F. September and October hosts are still needed. Let Mark S know if you want to host either of these.
9) July 19th Annual RCCC Classic & Custom Car Show at Brenengen West Salem.
1) Dave and Kathy have returned as Activates chairpersons. Thanks to Tom S for filling in during Kathyís illness.
2) February 15th Bowling at Coulee Golf Bowl 3:15 PM with dinner following at 5:15 at Ciattiís hosted by Ton Stibbe. Chuck Zimmer was the top bowler. We had 12 bowlers and 19 members for dinner. Each lady received a single stem rose and valentine day chocolates.
3) NCM sideway paver order has been places by Tom S on the morning the sink hole appeared and swallowed up 8 Corvettes at the museum. Plans are being made for the NCM Caravan Labor Day weekend.
4) Tom S has formed the Car Show committee which will include Leslie Smith from the Boys and Girls Club. RCCC members Mark S, Jim H, Dennis S, Mike C, Charlie B. First meeting will be scheduled shortly.
5) Mark S has asked Dennis Schmidtnect for a picture of his í65 Corvette for this year Car Show poster. His car was the Participants Choice Award winner at last years show.
1) Several club activities were suggested at the meeting:
a. Cars & Coffee 1st Saturday of each month in Minneapolis.
b. Blue Angles Performance Fatherís Day weekend. Judy R suggested we view the performance from their bluff top cabin including a pot luck meal.
2) Carol B is requesting each member bring in 10 pre-printed self-address labels for her to use on the monthly post cards.
3) Next Membership Meetings will be March 23rd at Schmidtyís
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:10 PM by Mark S.
Cyndy Schaper 3/11|
Mike Carney 3/12
Judy Rowley 3/17
Tom Stibbe 3/22
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
New pictures have been added to the Gallery page.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at