A big thanks goes out to Dave and Kathy for putting on our first ride and dine for the season. It was a perfect spring day for a Corvette cruze on a well chosen route to fine dining at the Arctic Springs restaurant.
The next thing on our calendar is the question and answer session at Brenengens. This year we will be meeting at the Onalaska dealership on Wednesday, May 18th at 6:00. The service manager has requested that if you have any specific questions, he would like to know them beforehand. Please forward your questions to me, and I will get them to Ian. In addition, Barry Blomquist has agreed to bring his recently completed ‘64 coupe which is featured on the cover on this month's Vette magazine. This is an opportunity to see a world class Corvette up close. The aforementioned events are great examples of the activities we offer our members. The La Crosse area has an abundance of Corvette owners. I encourage you to invite others to join us in our events to see what we are doing.
Congratulations to Mark Swingle on adding Corvette number three to his stable a white ‘77. I know our newest members, Steve and Julie Mace, are enjoying their new purchase a 1982 Collector Edition. Those of you who have been to our house know we have a new neighbor in a new house, and as of last Saturday, there is a shiny new red Z06 in his garage. And yes, I’ve asked him to join the club.
Save the Wave.
Meeting called to order at 6:08 PM by President Dennis Schaper.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the March 20, 2016 was distributed. No corrections were made.
Treasurer’s Report: Chuck presented the current balance sheet.
Governor’s Report: Rally is on for June 5th. Cost is $40 per car / $20 for RCC members. Chuck has two out of town registration for the rally. The rally will start at the Gazebo in Galesville again this year. It will be a very pretty ride. There has been no new communication from the NCCC district office.
Webmaster’s Report: Member list has been updated including our newest members Steve & Julie Mace. Member’s Home page has been updated. John was contacted by Walter Jenkins of the NCCC informing John the NCCC form is out of date. John now has a link to the form so it will always be up to date. It was suggest we use a Go Pro to document the rally. Tom J stated the Go Pro will only show straight ahead where most of his still pictures are taken in the curves.
1) May 14th – May Ride & Dine hosted by Mosley. R & D will leave from the Wells Fargo parking lot at 3:15PM.
2) May 18th – Brenengen Tech Talk Onalaska location at 6:00 PM.
3) May 20th - Ladies Luncheon at Tom Sawyers 12:30 PM.
4) May 20th – Holmen Legion Car Show 4:30 PM.
5) Jun 4th – June Dairy Days Parade.
6) Jun 5th – RCC Rally.
7) July 12th – Rudy’s Drive In Car Show hosted by RCC 6:00 PM,
8) Jul 16th – RCC Car Show at Brenengen's West Salem,
9) Aug 21st – RCCC Monthly meeting at the Callenders starting at 3:00PM.
10) Aug 26th and 27th – Vettes on the River in LeCaire, IA will be the Aug. Ride & Dine. Participants will leave Friday and stay overnight in Dubuque, IA, goes to the car show of Saturday and return home Saturday night.
11) Aug 26 – 28th NASCAR at Elkhart Lake.
12) Sept 10th – Ride & Dine Stibbe’s Cabin in Hayward, WI.
1) April Ride & Dine hosted by the Fontanini had 7 cars and 12 RCC members participant.
2) Beater Rally had 5 participants. First place Dennis & Cyndy Schaper, Second place Chuck & Carol Britten and Honorable Mention Jon Cox.
3) Dennis hosted a Car Show meeting. Volunteers will be needed. The flyers are done and past out to members to post.
4) Brenengen Tech Talk topic will be reviewing a 1964 show car which appeared on the cover of Vette Magazine.
1) Thanks to Ron & Ramona for putting together this year’s Beater Rally.
2) Steve & Julie Mace are new members.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Dennis Schaper.
Next Meeting May 22rd at Schmidty’s.
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
New pictures have been added to the Gallery page.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at