We followed that up with our club night at Rudy’s Drivein. The weather cooperated and we had a good turnout. We also had the opportunity to meet a couple who had recently purchased a beautiful 1959 Corvette. Ryan and Nicki expressed a strong interest in joining the club and we look forward to seeing more of them. It has been a long time since we had a C1 in the RCC.
Next was our annual car show at Don Brenengen’s dealership in West Salem. Mother Nature certainly smiled on us with weather that could not have been better. A perfect day to bring out your favorite piece of rolling stock and show it off. We had some very special cars registered and the judging was difficult, even Best of Show, which was decided by the participants, ended up in a tie, requiring a non partial decision by one of Don’s staff. One of my personal favorite entries was a yellow Corvette gokart owned and raced (very successfully) by eight year old Camden Thiele. Cam was awarded the trophy for the most unique entry. Way to go Cam!!
Hola amigos! To wrap up the month, Ron and Ramona treated us to a Mexican fiesta themed pot luck dinner at their home. Ron convinced one of his coworkers, Bill Fox, who is a Corvette owner, to experience our club and he plans to join. After everyone enjoyed a terrific dinner and some realllllly good desserts (I like Cyndy’s idea of a sampler platter), we held our July meeting. Mexican food was also on the menu for the ladies monthly luncheon, which was held at Mannys restaurant.
The middle of summer means those Corvette days are slipping away. Make the most of them while the road is still calling you. The upcoming trip to Le Claire, Iowa to attend “Vettes on the River” may be something to consider. Le Claire is also the home of one of my favorite TV shows, American Pickers. See you in August.
Thanks to all of you for all you do!
Save the Wave!
Meeting called to order at 6:25 PM by President Dennis Schaper.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the May 22, 2016 and June 26, 2016 was distributed. John G. corrected the June 26 meeting minutes that the August meeting will be at the Zimmer’s. He posted the corrected minutes on the members area of the RCC web site.
Treasurer’s Report: Chuck was not present but did provide Dennis a preliminary report for the Income and Expenses for the RCC Car Show July 16, 2016. The balance showed a positive balance. Mark S. won the 50/50 raffle and donated the winnings to the West Salem Boys & Girls Club.
Governor’s Report: Chuck B again thanked everyone who worked and participated in the RCC Rally. The Rally had several out-of-town participants.
Webmaster’s Report: John has posted the Rally pictures provided by Tom J.
1) Aug 2nd – Neighborhood Night Out at Community Park on Quincy St.
2) Aug 19th – Ladies Luncheon will be at the Westby Inn at Noon. Participants can meet at the South Side Shopko at 11:15 AM to car pool. RSVP to Mary S.
3) Aug 21st - RCC Monthly meeting at the Zimmer’s starting at 3:00PM. It will be a potluck.
4) Aug 26th and 27th -Vettes on the River in LeCaire, IA will be the Aug. Ride & Dine. Participants will leave Friday between noon and 1 PM and stay overnight in Dubuque, IA. The car show starts at 10 AM Saturday and the group will return home Saturday night.
5) Aug 26 - 28th - NASCAR at Elkhart Lake.
6) Sept 24th – Ride & Dine; Tom & Mary S. will host at their cabin in Hayward. Start Saturday at 9:00 AM at Onalaska Kwik Trip at South Hyw. 35 & Troy Road. Arrive Hayward at 1:00 visit Hayward’s Fall Festival dinner to follow at Tom & Mary’s Cabin. Hotel: Comfort Suites on Lake Hayward. Block on rooms reserved at $135 / night. Call 715-634-0700 or www.comfortsuitedhayward.com.
7) Oct 2nd – Octoberfest Car Show. Will be held at a new location this year Clear View Linex Park in West Salem.
8) July 13, 2017 RCC Car Show at Brenengen’s in West Salem.
1) July Ride & Dine hosted by Mark & Mary S was very well attended with 11 cars and 18 members. They dined at Club Oasis in Sparta.
2) Ladies Luncheon was at Manny’s in Onalaska. Five ladies attended.
3) RCC night at Rudy’s was July 12th. Gary was happy to participation. Made contact with a potential new members Ryan & Nicky Hennessey with a ’59 corvette.
4) RCC Membership Brochure has been updated to remove the “over 40+ members” phrase. Discussed having more than one contact name on the brochure so that it does not go out of date each year when the President changes. Dave F. Will print 100 copies after all the updated are completed.
5) Mark met with Don Brenengen regarding the RCC Car Show. He was happy with the participation. He suggested the “feature” car be on the display ramp. Road construction was not a problem.
6) Blue Moon donated 10% of food proceeds to the West Salem Boys & Girls Club. Blue Moon’s owner Barry Nimitz is very ill so Dave F will send a get well card.
7) Mark will invite Mac and her husband to next month’s meeting at the Zimmer’s. Mac is the Director of the West Salem Boys & Girls Club.
1) Discussed when and what to do when a member has surgery, is ill or has a death. Judy M. has a guidelines from a different organization that work well as an example. She will provide it for the club to review. Once the club decides on a policy it will be added to the RCC By-Laws.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Dennis Schaper at 7:07 PM.
Next Meeting August 21st at Zimmer’s.
|Ron Callender 8/17|
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at