Thanks to everyone who participated in the Dairy Days Parade, and kudos to Charlie on the layout and execution of another successful rally. Congratulations to the winners. July will be another busy month starting out with Mark and Mary’s ride and dine on the 9th, followed by RCC night at Rudy’s Drive In on July 12th. We are holding our annual car show at Brenengen’s Chevrolet in West Salem on July 16th. Please let Mark Swingle or me know if you are able to help out.
Happy Birthday! Did you know that on June 30, 1953, the first Corvette came off the assembly line. In 2008, the US House of Representatives passed a resolution that June 30th would annually be known as “National Corvette Day.” And you thought our politicians didn’t do anything.
See you at the next meeting on the 24th at Ron and Ramona’s house.
Save the Wave! Dennis
Meeting called to order at 6:44 PM by President Dennis Schaper.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the May 22, 2016 meeting were not distributed. Ron distributed the April meeting minutes by mistake. The May and June minutes will be reviewed at the July meeting.
Treasurer’s Report: Chuck presented the current balance sheet showing recent income and expenses.
Governor’s Report: No report.
Webmaster’s Report: John reported he had updated the RCC information page to not read 40+ members which someone interpreted meaning you have to be 40+ years old the join. The 40+ was referring the size of the club being over 40 members.
1) Jun 28th -RCC Car Show committee meeting at Brenengens West Salem dealership at 6:00 PM.
2) July 1st - Ray & Diana Miedema Party at their home W5845 County Road W. Several RCC members plan to attend.
4) July 9th - Ride & Dine hosted by Mark & Mary S.
5) July 12th - Rudy’s Drive In Car Show hosted by RCC 6:00 PM.
6) July 15th - Ladies Luncheon Mary S will send out details.
7) Jul 16th - RCC Car Show at Brenengen's West Salem.
8) July 24th - RCC Monthly meeting at Callender’s starting at 3:300 PM. It will be a Mexican Fiesta details to be send by email.
9) Aug 21st - RCC Monthly meeting at the Zimmer's.
10) Aug 26th and 27th -Vettes on the River in LeCaire, IA will be the Aug. Ride & Dine. Participants will leave Friday and stay overnight in Dubuque, IA, goes to the car show of Saturday and return home Saturday night.
11) Aug 26 - 28th - NASCAR at Elkhart Lake.
12) Sept 24th – Ride & Dine Stibbe’s Cabin in Hayward, WI.
1) RCC Rally held on June 5th had 11 cars with 22 participants. The Rally started in Galesville and ends in Fountain City.
2) June Dairy Days Parade had 7 cars participate.
3) Ladies Luncheon at eh Caledonia Farm House had 6 Ladies participate.
1) Tom & Mary S. presented details for the Sept 24th Ride & Dine at their cabin in Hayward. Start Saturday at 9:00 AM at Onalaska Kwik Trip at South Hyw 35 & Troy Road. Arrive Hayward at 1:00 visit Hayward’s Fall Festival dinner to follow at Tom & Mary’s Cabin. Hotel: Comfort Suites on Lake Hayward. Block on rooms reserved at $135 / night. Call 715-634-0700 or www.comfortsuitedhayward.com.
2) Dennis listed area Cruise Nights:
a) Dairy Queen Onalaska every Saturday night.
b) Purple Cow & Sweetshop Bangor Wednesday night check web site.
c) Big Boar West Salem check web site.
d) River City Park Thursday Night Concert in late August featuring “The Executives” You can park your Corvette on the lawn at River Side Park.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Dennis Schaper at 7:14 PM.
Next Meeting July 24th at the Callender’s.
|Judy Mosley 7/21|
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
New pictures have been added to the Gallery page.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at