Belonging to a club, especially this one, provides us the opportunity to have fun with people with a common interest - Corvettes. But there is more than that: it’s the advantage of networking. A new addition in my garage is a jewel blue ‘61. We’ve been getting to know each other for a couple of months, and it has been a bit of a bumpy relationship. When it left me stranded along the road two tenths of a mile from home on the return from the first car show I had taken it to, I knew there was something amiss. When I told fellow club member, Charlie Britten about my dilemma, he told me about Brian, a carburetor wizard that he knew, who turned out to be the real McCoy. That Carter four-barrel had only 400 miles on a rebuild (?) that was supposedly completed before I got the car. After Brian finished rebuilding and tweaking it, it runs like a different car. Thanks, guys. Networking - it’s all in who you know.
Here we are in July already, undoubtedly our busiest month of the year. Corvette night at Rudy’s drive-in is coming up on the 11th, and will give us a chance to promote our annual car show at Brenengen’s on the 15th. The ladies luncheon will be at the Waterfront this month on the 21st, followed by the rally on the 22nd, and the monthly meeting at Schmidtys on the 23rd. Like I said, a busy month with a lot of fun packed into it!
Welcome to our new club members, Larry and Elaine Basegio, who hail from Caledonia, Minnesota and drive a 2014 silver Stingray. After recently moving here from California, Larry said they are enjoying life in the Midwest.
See you soon.
Save the Wave!
Meeting called to order at 6:13 PM by President Dennis Schaper.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the May 21 meeting as recorded by Kathy F. was presented with no corrections.
Treasurer’s Report: Chuck Z presented the current account statement.
Governor’s Report: Carol discussed the RCC Rally which will be held July 22nd starting at Schmidty’s at 10:00 AM. Rally registration forms and volunteer sign-up sheets were distributed.
Webmaster’s Report: No report.
1) No Ride and Dine will be held in July because of all the other activities next month.
2) July 6th - Smokey in Holmen.
3) July 7th - Ray & Diane Miedema’s Multi- Car Club party will held at their home located at W5845 Cty Rd W Holmen.
4) July 11th – Rudy’s Drive In Cruise Car Night hosted by RCC.
5) July 15th – RCC Car Show at Brenengen’s in West Salem.
6) July 21st – Ladies Luncheon at 12:30PM at the Waterfront,
7) July 23th – Chippewa Valley Corvette Club has invited RCC to participate in their event at Vino in the Valley in Ellsworth starting at 3:00PM.
1) June Ride & Dine hosted the Callenders went to Branches Winery and Badger’s Crossing in Cashton. Twenty two participants with 12 cars.
2) RCC Car Show update was given by Mary S. Volunteer sign-up sheet was passed around. Last minute details was discussed. Everything is ready.
1) Mavis N. Is doing better and is now home with 24 hour care. Judy M. delivered her a flower bouquet when she was in the hospital. She very much appreciated the flowers.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Dennis s at 7:18 PM y President Dennis S.
Next Meeting July 23rd at Schmidty’s.
|Judy Mosley 7/21|
Our annual Rally date was moved to Saturday, July 22 which gives us just about 3 weeks to put the final touches on it. With that I can say we are meeting at Schmidty's and we have some fun sections of roads and some tricky questions. So it may be a roller coaster or you could say it should be fun with competition and if nothing more a beautiful drive in the country.
So I hope you can come to the beautiful Coulee Region for leisurely drive through the bluffs.
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at