The proposed amendment to our constitution was ratified by unanimous vote at the July 27th meeting. The club will be able to apply for a class B raffle license to raise money for the Boy and Girls club at next year’s car show.
Speaking of the car show; it went much smoother this year than last year. It seemed like much less work. There were slightly fewer cars; however Don Brenengen felt that the quality of the cars was higher than last year. Rudy’s cruise night was also the best that we have had. Nice weather really helps out. Big thanks to Tom Stibbe for overseeing the event.
Our upcoming events include the Tudor Series race at Elkhart Lake August 7-10th, this is really not a club event but several of us are going. We also see quite a few people from the Chippewa Valley Corvette Club. We have a contact in the Chippewa Valley Corvette club that may be able to get free tickets. I already have mine so I am out of luck. If you are interested in trying to get free tickets contact Tom Stibbe or myself and we will hook you up. It has been hit or miss in the past for freebees. August ride n’ dine will be hosted by John and Sue Gesslein on August 16th I don’t have any further information yet. August 24th is the club monthly meeting, which will be a pot luck at Sharon and Chuck Zimmers house. You should have received an informational email already. August 27th-September 1st will be our trip to the National Corvette Museum for the 20th anniversary Corvette Caravan.
Meeting called to order at 6:21 by President Mark Swingle.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes from last meeting were distributed. One correction noted: Under NCCC Governor’s Report “Thanks to Chuck and Carol for creating & running the event” Not Claude.
Treasurer’s Report: Mavis reviewed recent checkbook transactions.
Governor’s Report: No activity to report.
Webmaster’s Report: John was not present no report.
1) August 7th – 10th Tudor Series, formerly ALMS, at Elkhart Lake.
2) August 16th Ride & Dine will be hosted by John & Sue G.
3) August 24th 5:30 PM Club meeting at Chuck and Sharon Zimmer’s house N5601 Cheyenne Drive Onalaska. This is behind Cedar Creek Golf Course. Burgers, hot dogs, brats, beer & pop provided. Bring dish to pass. More details by e-mail.
4) August 27th – September 1 Corvette Caravan 20th anniversary trip to Bowling Green.
5) September 12th Fall Corvette Adventures Wisconsin Dells Charlie & Mark has signed up for tour #5.
6) Sept 20th Ride & Dine hosted by Tom J.
7) October Ride & Dine hosted by Ron & Ramona. Barneveld Winery. No date yet.
1) Show & Shine Truck Show June 27th & 28th went well. Several members were judges.
2) July 13th Catfish Days parade was attended by 6 cars.
3) July R & D went to Stone Barn near Nelson. 6 cars participated along with guests Ray & Rachel Johnsen.
4) July 15th Rudy’s Drive In night sponsored by RCC. Three trophies awarded.
5) July 19th RCC Classic and Custom Car Show was a big success. The weather was great and we had 100+ cars register. Peoples’ Choice winner was a 1941 Willys custom.
1) The second vote of the proposed an amendment to the current club constitution to add to the club purpose “and support charitable fund-raising.” Motion by Mark S Seconded by Tom J. Passed unanimously by voice vote. The RCC constitution will now be amended and the club can complete its Class A fund raiser application.
2) Dave F will again be coordination the RCC manning of the October Feast Car Show Dahl Museum open house. He will need volunteer on Sept 28th from 9 AM to 3 PM.
Next Membership Meetings will be August 24th at Chuck & Sharon Zimmer’s home.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:08 PM by Mark S.
|Ron Callender 8/17|
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at