Hats off to Chuck and Sharon Zimmer for hosting the excellent potluck dinner and the August meeting at their home. Our guest at the meeting, Kris Kinder, told me she plans to join the club. She recently purchased a very sharp 2014 Stingray, and of course for Kris, it had to be a convertible. Kris is no stranger to having a Corvette in her garage - this is number thirteen.
Congratulations to Mark Swingle for bringing home a trophy from the Holmen Kornfest with his ‘66 roadster.
Our next club road trip will be to Hayward, Wisconsin, for Tom and Mary Stibbe’s ride and dine.
The fall colors should be in their glory. Where did the summer go??
From the archives: Did you know the following were suggested names for our club in 1973?
1. Glass on the Rocks
2. Badger State Corvette Association
3. Corvettes of La Crosse
4. God’s Country Corvettes
5. Valley Vettes
6. Mississippi Valley Vettes
7. River City Vettes (which eventually became River City Corvettes)
A big “Way to Go” goes out to Claude and Judy Mosley on the occasion of their 50th wedding anniversary on September 24th.
See you on the 18th at Schmittys.
Save the Wave.
Meeting called to order at 6:52 PM by President Dennis Schaper.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes from July 24, 2016 presented with no corrections noted.
Treasurer’s Report: Income Expense report presented with no corrections or questions.
Governor’s Report: Nothing to report.
Webmaster’s Report: No report.
1) Aug 26th and 27th -Vettes on the River in LeCaire, IA will be the Aug. Ride & Dine. Participants will leave Friday at 11:00 AM from Walmart South parking lot. The group will visit the Mississippi River Museum and stay overnight in Dubuque, IA. The car show starts at 10 AM Saturday and the group will return home Saturday night.
2) Aug 26 - 28th - NASCAR at Elkhart Lake.
3) Sept 16th – Ladies Luncheon 12:30 PM at Dublin Square in downtown La Crosse.
4) Sept 17th – Historical Society Event contact Mary S for details.
5) Sept 18th – Model T Event at Lake Neshonoc contact Dennis S for details.
6) Sept 24th – September Ride & Dine; Tom & Mary S. will host at their cabin in Hayward. Start Saturday at 9:00 AM at Menards North Rider Cup Road. Arrive Hayward at 1:00 visit Hayward’s Fall Festival dinner to follow at Tom & Mary’s Cabin. Hotel: Comfort Suites on Lake Hayward.
7) Oct 2nd – Octoberfest Car Show. Will be held at a new location this year Clear View Linex Park in West Salem.
8) Oct 7-8-9 Suburban Corvette Club Fall Color Run.
1) Ladies Luncheon was at Westby House. Four ladies attended.
2) Thanks to Chuck and Sharon Z for opening their home to host the August meeting.
3) Judy M. provided a proposed guideline for condolence gifts and cards are provided by RCC.
4) Motion by Ron C to “Create the position of Sunshine person to administer condolences and get well activities per RCC by-laws. This is not a board position just like Sergeant at Arms.” Motion seconded by Jim R. Motion passed.
5) Motion by Judy M to amend the By-laws for Condolences:
A) A bouquet / plant shall be delivered to a RCC member when hospitalized, has day surgery and a lengthy home illness of more than 2 weeks.
B) A bouquet / plant shall be delivered to a RCC member upon death of a spouse, child, spouse of a child or grandchild.
C) A single rose shall be sent to a RCC member upon the death of a parent.
D) A memorial of the family’s discretion shall be made upon the death of a RCC member.
E) A single rose shall be delivered upon the death of a former RCC member.
F) A proper condolence card shall be sent to anyone who has had an acquaintance with RCC.
Motion seconded by Dave F. Motion passed. Because this is an amendment to the RCC By-laws a second vote will be taken at next month’s meeting before it can be added to the By-laws.
6) The monetary amounts for the Condolences will be established by the RCC board each year. If this policy is added to the By-laws.
7) Judy M has volunteered to be the Sunshine person. RCC members shall inform Judy when condolences are required
1) Discussed monetary donation to the Octoberfest Car Show charities which are
a) Freedom Flight
c) Boys & Girls Club
d) Big Brothers / Big Sisters
No decision was made at meeting.
2) RCC dues are due in October.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Dennis S. at 7:36 PM.
Next Meeting September 18th at Schmidty’s.
Susan Gesslein 9/13|
Mary Stibbe 9/25
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at