Looks like winter is over for the year and driving season has begun.
The next meeting for River City Corvettes is May 31st, the fifth Sunday of May, so as not conflict with Memorial Day weekend. The meeting will be at Schmidty’s. The next Car Show meeting will be May 5th at Ardies.
I lined up Cullen Harbaugh at Brenengen Chevrolet to do the Corvette Tech talk on Wednesday May 20th at 6:30 pm at the West Salem dealership at 6:30pm. Barry Blomquist has been kind enough to bring his 2015 Z06 to the meeting. Cullen will be discussing features and options of the Z06. If Brenengan still has a Z06 in the showroom, you will be able to see the difference of one with the Z07 option (Barry’s) and one without, (Brenengen’s).
Most members of the club thought black was the best color choice for my 66, a few said white, and one said beige. I have plenty of time to think about it. I personally like the white on white look, however black is most likely the color the car came with originally.
Ladies luncheon is May 15th 12:30 at Culina Mariana (the Shrine).
Meeting called to order at 6:30 by Tom Stibbe for President Mark Swingle who joined the meeting in progress.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes from last meeting were distributed. No corrections noted.
Treasurer’s Report: Chuck reviewed last month activity.
Governor’s Report: Working on June 8th Rally.
Webmaster’s Report: No Report.
1) Ride & Dine Host for April, June and August still open. Mike C. will host May.
2) May 15th Ladies Luncheon at Celina Mariana Café at the Shrine of our Lady Guadalupe at 12:30.
3) May 20th Tech Talk at Brenengen West Salem Dealership with Corvette Technician Collin. Will go over technology in the Z06 Corvettes featuring Barry Blomquist’s Z06.
4) May 30th Eau Clare Car Show.
5) June 6th June Diary Days Parade in West Salem.
6) June 8th RCC NCC sanctioned Rally.
7) July 11th 1st Annual Corvette Cure Car Show in Mason City, IA.
8) September Lake Geneva Trip including the Volo Car Museum.
1) April 14 Tom J. and Mark S. attended the Chippewa Valley Corvette Club meeting.
2) Several members of the Chippewa Valley Corvette Club attended the meeting including club President Pat Schneider. Their club is sponsored by Gunderson Chevrolet in Osseo. Their car show is
a) June 20th “Osseo Lake Martha Days Car Show” from 9 to 2 PM with a parade is at Noon. Other club events are
b) July 4th Vintage Voyagers Car Show at the Chetek Airport 8 to 2 PM. There is also a craft show.
c) August 15th Whitehall Beef & Dairy Days Car Show
d) August 16th Parade.
e) New restaurant opening in Eau Clair featuring at 1950s Gas Station motif.
3) April 26th Beater Rally had three participants. Chuck & Sharon Z took home the best “Beater Car” trophy and Ron & Ramona C took home the ”Beater Rally Champion” trophy.
1) Next RCC Car Show committee meeting May 5th.
2) Next meeting May 17th at Schmidty’s.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Mark S.
Governor’s Report - May 2015
Sorry I haven’t sent a Governor’s Message for a while. I have been very busy with the Rally and work (keep snide comments to yourself). We have a fresh new venue for our Rally 2015, which will be held on June 7. We are going to depart from the City Center of the Garden of Eden (most people know it as Galesville, WI). This is a picturesque region of the driftless region that many people haven’t explored. It has fun roads and great scenery. It will be a fun low key competitive day. We plan on finishing in the beautiful river town of Trempealeau, WI. I hope to all of you there. This locale also allows us to avoid the I-90 road construction mess as well. I suggest you avoid that part of our area as well.
So I hope you all have gotten your toys out and started polishing them up. It is time for another fun Driving Season in the upper Midwest. Start your engines!
See you on the road!
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at